Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cheesy Veggie Pot Pie

One of the things that I do miss now that I'm a vegetarian is a good, creamy pot pie.  I came up with this recipe a few years ago to satisfy my craving.  Through experimentation, I added in a bit of cheese at one point, which, in my opinion, makes this extra tasty.  Feel free to try it sans cheese though.

Here's What You Need:
2 cups frozen mixed veggies (carrots, corn, green beans, lima beans)
1 russet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use the low fat kind)
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup milk

Here's What You Do:
Cook your mixed veggies prior to adding them to the dish.

Mix your veggies, potato, cream of mushroom soup, and cheese in a bowl.  Pour into baking dish.

In separate bowl, mix Bisquick and milk.  Stir until it makes a thick paste.  Dollop on top of veggie and soup mixture and spread it out so that it totally covers the veggie and soup mixture.

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until crust begins to turn brown.  Test with a fork to ensure that crust is cooked all the way through.



No comments:

Post a Comment