Saturday, April 28, 2012

Easy Apple Turnovers


Lately, I have been buying giant bags of apples so that I have healthy and easy snacks.  I find that I get very tired of eating just plain apples, so I decided to put my apples to good use with these Easy Apple Turnovers.

Here's What You Need:
1 can of crescent rolls
1 apple (any variety, I used Granny Smith)
2 tsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon

Here's What You Do:
Roll out your crescent rolls so that you have two triangles still connected to make a rectangle.  You will have 4 of these rectangles.

Slice apples thinly.  Coat slices in a bowl with honey and cinnamon.

Layer apple slices on one half of rectangle.  Fold other half of dough over and pinch around the edges.  Lightly baste with remaining honey/cinnamon mixture.

Bake according to directions for crescent rolls (mine was 375F for 13 minutes).

Easy to do, and only around 250 calories!  Not bad for a breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment