Monday, July 2, 2012

Hint of Chocolate Summer Salad


Chocolate?  In a salad?  The hint of chocolate comes from cocoa roasted almonds.  I've eaten salads before topped with candied pecans, and when I saw the almonds in my cabinet, I thought it might make a tasty addition to my salad.  This is also my first time adding blueberries to a salad.  I've had one before with the strawberries, and I thought blueberries might be a nice addition (plus I have been trying to figure out what to do with the half pint in my fridge)!  The fruit, cheese, and slight cocoa taste go really well together for a light, yet sweet, meal.  I find that with the sweetness of the fruit, you don't need a lot of vinaigrette...just enough for a light coating.

Here's What You Need:
2 cups fresh spinach
4 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
3 strawberries, cut in half
1/8 cup blueberries
1/8 cup feta
4 tsp raspberry vinaigrette (I used a fat free type)
12 cocoa roasted almonds (I used Emerald brand)

Here's What You Do:
Toss all of the ingredients together!  Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment