Sunday, July 8, 2012

Vegetarian Mexican "Lasagna"

Anyone who knows me knows that I love Mexican food.  I do mean love.  I make it a point to fix at least one Mexican dish per week.  There is just something about the spicy flavors!  

This was a new dish for me, and it turned out amazingly.  Probably one of the best Mexican dishes I've ever prepared, and I've made a LOT.   I got the idea from a true Mexican "lasagna" made with noodles, but I think noodles takes the Mexican out of it.  It is pretty easy to prepare, and it makes enough for a large family (or enough for me to eat off of all week)!

adapted greatly from Annie's Eats

Here's What You Need:
10 small corn tortillas, cut into fourths
1 can black beans
1/2 can yellow corn
2 large tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
3 jalapeno peppers, diced
4oz enchilada sauce
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
2 cups Mexican blend (or Cheddar) cheese

Here's What You Do:
In a bowl, mixed the diced tomato and diced jalapeno peppers.  Mix in half of the enchilada sauce.


In a second bowl, mix the black beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano.  Add remaining enchilada sauce.


Preheat oven to 400F.  Lightly coat baking dish with cooking spray and then spread 1/3 of tomato mixture on bottom of dish.  Top with a layer of the cut tortillas.


Top with 1/3 of veggie mixture, and then top with 1/4 of cheese.
Continue to repeat with two more layers of everything.
Top the dish with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.


Top it with sour cream and guacamole!

No comments:

Post a Comment